Friday, October 31, 2014

Gourd Harvest

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. The crisp air is invigorating and the vibrant colors are so breath taking. When decorating for the holidays I prefer to use things from nature whenever I can.





Nothing adds more color to your fall decorations like colorful gourds. So on a beautiful Fall day I headed to the garden to start harvesting them.  


The bright yellow gourd blossoms peeking through the fence greeted me.








Our gourd crop was very bountiful this year. So after scattering them throughout the house in different areas I had enough to do a little fall decorating in the garden too.


 


I placed a squash in the center of the bird bath and surrounded it with gourds. There isn't much blooming now in the garden so it adds a little color to it. The birds probably aren't going to be too happy with me for using their bird bath, but it's just temporary!





I gathered a few in an old egg basket and placed a little crab apple branch on top for a little added color. Then I set it on a little bench in front of a stone wall. Now the garden is ready for Fall too!





No comments:

Post a Comment