Thursday, October 30, 2014

Unique Vases ~

Often times when I find vintage salt & pepper shakers at an auction or flea, they're missing a lid or one of the pair. Since they aren't a complete set they're very reasonably priced. I like to use them as small vases for my flowers. These little misfit shakers are the perfect size for small areas where there isn't a lot of display space. It's nice to be able to add a touch of color from the garden to these areas.





This yellow vintage shaker holds some brightly colored Ganzia and a few variegated Hosta leaves.



These pretty Mountain Bluet flowers are tucked into an old jadeite shaker.



A green vintage shaker displays some Coneflowers from my garden.



These sweet Violas look at home in this dainty shaker.



A small shaker holds a few tiny Coreopsis blooms.





An old milk glass salt shaker contains purple Pansies.






This old Hoosier shaker is filled with some Bee Balm.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. The green bottle with coneflower is my favorite.
    Sometimes I'll put a bunch on my windowsill above my kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti! The green one with coneflowers is one of my favorites too! ~ Judy

      Delete