Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Coffee, Tea or Peony!

 
 
 
 
I love the beautiful lush flowers of the Peony. Their bloom time is so brief but I can't imagine my gardens without them. Peonies have a wonderful sweet scent that drifts throughout the garden. After several days of bad storms, it was so disheartening to look out and see all of the Peonies laying on the ground! I was happy that I was able to salvage enough to make two bouquets though. The blooms aren't as perfect as they were prior to the storms but still very pretty! These beauties look great in any type of vase....whether it's a simple, casual container like my old enamelware coffee pot or a more elegant container like my old silver teapot.
 
 
 
 
I collect old enamelware and have it displayed in my home and potting shed. This old enamelware coffee pot is one of my favorite pieces!



Someone once asked me why I had a silver tea set in my potting shed.....this is why! I love how roses, peonies and succulents look in silver pieces. The tea set was in a box of goodies I bought at an auction. As soon as I saw it I knew what I would use it for!












 
A few sprigs of Lady's Mantle fill the old enamelware coffee cups....


An old blue bottle holds a Peony blossom and two buds...





6 comments:

  1. Peonies are a favorite of mine ever since I was a little girls and smelled them at my Grandmother's house. They come and go way to quickly. Seems like they left even faster this year. Love the silver pitcher idea. I have one somewhere hmmm have to dig it out and use it. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti! I remember my Grandma having them too. It feels to me like everything is having a shorter bloom time than normal this summer in my garden...not sure why.

      Delete
  2. Judy, I know what you mean about peonies. Mine never last long enough, and you can count on rain when they bloom! I have to cut some quick, before the tips turn brown from the rain. Easy to transplant in the fall.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems like it's a sure thing... that if the Peonies are blooming you can expect rain! :-) ~ Judy

      Delete
  3. Such pretty inspiration! Can you believe that I've yet to grow peonies? (Hanging my head....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! You should try them sometime....you'll love them! :-)

      Delete