Monday, June 1, 2015

Lovely Lilacs


I love when the Lilacs are blooming. Their wonderful fragrance drifts throughout the garden. I have such fond memories of them as a child. I transplanted several of them from my childhood home to my gardens here many years ago.The last couple years they haven't done as well due to late frosts. I've missed having large bouquets of them to place in my home!


 I've fallen in love with this Miss Kim Korean Lilac that I bought three years ago. My husband found another one at the end of the season that was marked down. So now I have two to enjoy! It blooms a little later so it's less susceptible to bud damage from frost.




Lilacs are so pretty, even before the blooms open!


The pretty flowers seem to mostly open in order from the bottom to the top of each cluster.



 
 
 
 
Pretty flowers and wonderful fragrance ~ who wouldn't love to have Lilacs in their garden?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment