Thursday, April 7, 2016

In The Potting Shed

I'm getting a little impatient to get back out in the potting shed but the weather here in Pa. isn't helping. There's been the occasional warm day but it's mostly been in the 40's & 50's lately. We even had snow last weekend!

Every summer I try to come up with new ideas to add to the potting shed. Since I'm waiting for warmer temps to arrive I thought I'd share a few things that I've added to my garden shed since last posting about it.


I've had this old Hoosier for awhile now. I'd used it in my house as  a place to display my Jadeite, green depression glass, enamelware, etc... I have a lot of collections of vintage items & I change them out several times a year.

I found a new cabinet at an auction that I replaced it with so last Summer my old hoosier found a new home in my potting shed. It now holds supplies and gardening collectibles.


I displayed several of my old galvanized watering cans on top of the Hoosier.


A vintage hairpin flower frog, garden tools & old seed ad are displayed on the Hoosier.

This old floral painting was a sweet flea market find. I'm looking forward to the flea markets opening up again for the season.Who knows what treasures I'll find this summer to add to the potting shed!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! your Hoosier in the potting shed. I went back to your previous layout - what'd you do with the wash tubs that were there? I can see where this would give you much more surface (and obviously storage) space. Now I'm off to see your new cabinet for your in-home displays. :)
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I have a lot of windows in the shed and the little alcove where the laundry tubs were was the only space where I could place the green hoosier so it wouldn't be blocking a window. I love the old wash tubs so I wanted them to remain. I ended up removing the white hoosier bottom (moved it to hubby's workshop)& put the washtubs in its place. The green one does give me a lot of storage space....which I need because I keep dragging more stuff home! :-)

      Delete